Expanded Merge Field Support
Customizing how reps engage with their prospects is key in getting an advantage over the competition. With this update, users can now see and use merge fields from custom and standard fields from the CRM in email templates and cue cards.
For example, a user can now create an email template that merges in the name of the product they are trying to sell a prospect into the body of the email. Alternatively, a user creating a Play might merge in renewal date, or competitor information into the cue card so a rep has that at their fingertips.
Administrators can configure which fields are appropriate to be used as merge fields within cue cards and email templates
- By default, all of the merge fields that are already there will continue to work as they do today.
- To begin adding more fields to the merge field options, an administrator must first enable those fields in Settings within the Playbooks Manager app.
- All fields other than checkboxes are supported.
Playbooks Email Templates in Outlook
Reps can now use Playbooks email templates while sending emails directly through Outlook. While composing an email, reps can click the “Templates” icon in the Outlook compose screen in Outlook 365. All templates that a rep has access to are displayed and can be pulled into Outlook.
- A rep must install the Playbooks for Outlook Outlook 365 plugin.
- The Outlook plugin will automatically update, otherwise uninstalling and reinstalling will ensure the latest version is installed.
- If your company has not been configured to use Playbooks for Outlook, please contact support before starting to use this feature.
- This feature is only available to customers using O365 for their email provider.
Other Product Updates
- Automation Rules have been renamed to Robots.
- A new tab in the manager app main navigation has been created for Robots. It is no longer accessed in the Settings tab.
- Fixed an issue with certain Arizona area codes and detecting the wrong time zone.
- Fixed a handful of issues around call dispositioning where reps would get stuck while attempting to disposition a call.
- Fixed an issue that would occur when a user attempted to export Plays when the name of the play was 50 characters.